From: SHAH FAISAL KHAN <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Subject: [Hyderabad-Rocks] "Huroob case of Indians in KSA"-MUST SEE
From: N Vikraman <email@example.com>
Date: Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Subject: Huroob case of Indians in KSA
I've started the petition "Indian Embassy, Riyadh and Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs, New Delhi: Must intervene in Huroob cases of Indians in KSA" and need your help to get it off the ground.
Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:
Here's why it's important:
Huroob is a Rule or an opportunity allowed to Saudi employers to report to the government by way of telephone or online, stating his employees as absentees or missing.
Once the employees put into the Huroob category, he is not eligible
1) For work
2) For renewing his resident permit
3) Not eligible for salary and other benefits
4) Employees are not allowed to file a case to the labour department, if there is violation or misuse of the rule by employers
5) Not able to travel his country without going through jail and also
6) Not allowed to return to Saudi Arabia with a new employer
7) If Huroob victims caught by police they are compelled to stay in jails/deportation center for a long time by waiting their sponsors' consent in order to repatriate from KSA
8) His own country passport is surrendered by the employer to their own ministry and thereafter to our embassy or consulate, which is cancelled
90% of the cases made as Huroob by the employers are reported as misuse of the rules
Many employers use this provision for punishing their employees or to get new visas or to extract more money from their employers by threatening them.
Indian Missions or Ministry of Overseas Indian affairs never cared to take up the issue before the Saudi Government to make a check and balance to this rule to protect the rights of Indian workers.
We request the Indian Mission in KSA /Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs , New Delhi to intervene in these core issues of Indians in KSA,
1) with minimum regulation demand to the Saudi Government, stating as Indians cannot be put into Huroob, without first reporting to the Indian Mission, which surely get a chance to verify the correctness of the employers demand. Indians are recruited to the country through legal documents and cannot be reported as illegal while reaching and working with the employers.
2) Lobbying for a special office (department) together with Indian High ranking authorities and Saudi Authorities to hear and settle Huroob cases other than labor courts, as now no labor courts entertaining Huroob cases.
You can sign my petition by clicking here.