Job DescriptionThe Symphony Technology Engineering Manager, IT Infrastructure - is responsible for ensuring the implementation of M2M wireless communication technology services for various business units of the company. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks and wide area networks across the organization and assets for a variety of complex and large sized projects.
The Symphony Technology Engineering Manager, IT Infrastructure - will work closely internally and externally within the company IT, FM and Projects department, Operations and design departments, all company employees as well as externally with IT service vendors.
- Achieves the project goals with respect to functions, time and budget, and for the progress of the project.
- Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates the technical and management aspect of the various projects.
- Designs and deploys LANs, WANs, wireless networks, network security which includes servers, routers, switches, Firewall appliances and other hardware.
- Ensures all project activities during the project establishment, execution and conclusion phases.
- Ensures successful completion of engineering projects.
- Coordinates with assigned project clients extensively and regularly.
- Assists in preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Participates in Client/Contractor meeting and resolving client/engineering and management project issues.
- Develops implements and maintains policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, operations, and disaster recovery.
- Conducts research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversees new and existing equipment's hardware, and software upgrades.
- Participates in managing all network security solutions.
- Performs server and security audits, system backups and recovery.
- Interacts and negotiates with vendors and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Analyzes and resolves network hardware and software problems in a timely manner.
- Provides technical support for network infrastructure.
- Performs functions like configuring, installing, monitoring, maintaining all data and voice network and communication links.
- Ensures high availability, reliability, security and performance of network.
- Designs and deploys LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, appliances and other hardware.
- Designs and manages structured cabling and patch panel jobs.
- Configures networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitors network performance and troubleshoots problem areas as needed.
- Creates and maintains documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Oversees installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensures network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
- Practices network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitors and tests network performance and provides network performance statistics and reports.
- Collaborates with executive management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Manages and/or provides guidance to junior members of the team.
- Prioritizes and plans tasks well and completes tasks within set deadlines.
- Ensures high level customer service
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum graduate degree in Computer Science.
- Certifications in Networking (CCNP, CCWA, CISSP) required.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation.
- Technical knowledge of network essential, topology and architecture.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Suite.
- Experience in working with multiple projects.
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, security and standards
- Experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research in networking issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Good English Language skills required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely (written & oral).
- Ability to utilize available resources effectively.
Company DescriptionSymphony is a Private Sector company based in the UAE with subsidiary offices in the US and Malaysia. Symphony's main focus is on bringing Disruptive Technologies from some of today's leading innovation hubs around the world, including the world renowned dynamic Silicon Valley, to the Middle East North African (MENA), Malaysian and other surrounding Asian markets.
- January 17, 2013
- Mid-Senior level
- Engineering, Management
- Wireless, Information Technology and Services
- Job ID:
Posted By Blogger to Smart Life World at 1/26/2013 12:34:00 PM
Pü Consider the environment. Think before you print.
1 ream of paper = 6% of a tree and 5.4kg of CO2 in the atmosphere
3 sheets of A4 paper = 1 litre of water
|Reply via web post||Reply to sender||Reply to group||Start a New Topic||Messages in this topic (1)|