---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wednesday, July 3, 2013
Subject: FW: Middleware & Apps Support Manager @ Manama, Bahrain & Al-Khobar
If any one skills matches with this requirement. This is a direct opportunity for you then.
Will this fit for you??? If yes kindly send ur resume to the above mentionef email id.
Role: Middleware & Apps Support Manager
Location : Manama, Bahrain & Al-Khobar
Duration : Permanent
Position Level: AVP
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any related field from an accredited institution.
2. 7 to 9 years' experience in I.T. Banking / Finance Sector as a Senior Database Administrator.
3. Project Management Professional training and ITIL V3 Foundation Certification preferred.
Managing a dedicated team for the department.
Minimum 4+ years' experience in installing, maintaining, configuring and tuning Middleware products (either IBM WebSphere, TIBCO or Oracle WebLogic)
Technical and practical experience in implementing and administering Microsoft-based enterprise computing systems such as Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory including LDAP administration.
Minimum 4+ years of practical experience in installing and administering Operating Systems such as Windows (2008 & 2003) and UNIX (HP-UX, IBM-AIX, Sun-Solaris – experience in any one or more is strongly desired) including UNIX shell scripting and Perl.
Strong knowledge of Java/J2EE/JDBC programming, XML and SDLC concepts.
Strong knowledge and understanding of MQ, JMS, SOAP.
10. Some practical knowledge and experience in administering SAN and NAS technologies from one of the key solution providers such as HP, EMC, IBM.
Extensive knowledge of computing support roles desired, including security administration, service desk, and application support.
Main Scope of Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide support on core infrastructure systems (such as Exchange, File & Print, Active Directory) to all users in Head Office and escalate issues to support providers which cannot be resolved.
2. Manage Middleware products/environments including new installations, upgrades, maintenance and tuning, monitoring and capacity planning.
3. Provide system/technical expertise while managing application deployments and troubleshooting application and platform issues.
4. Participate in 24x7 rotational on-call production Middleware administration support for business critical applications.
5. Manage activities to install, configure, monitor and maintain multiplatform systems hardware, software and components.
6. Plan and implement the relocation of computing equipment within the data center. Coordinate power and cooling requirements with Data Centre provider, network connections, project plan and schedule.
7. Assist the IT infrastructure team in addressing hardware/software issues on back-bone systems.
8. Review system logs on critical servers regularly and address system generated errors and warnings immediately to ensure minimum downtimes and disruption to users.
9. Regularly review security patches and Operating System service packs on all servers and install the latest security patches/service packs periodically.
10. Assist in updating documented guidelines and procedures for the IT-Infrastructure unit and also ensure that the documentation reflects any/all procedural changes.
11. Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
12. Perform system health checks of core infrastructure systems as needed and send report(s) to Head IT-Infrastructure.
13. Manage and in some cases assist in IT projects assigned by the Head – IT Infrastructure and ensure that objectives of all assigned projects are met.
14. Conduct feasibility studies for various infrastructure upgrade projects, improvements and other conversions.
15. Provide KI (Key Indicators) input on a monthly basis to Head – IT Infrastructure.
16. Assist in configuring and managing user quotas on File Server and Exchange mailboxes.
17. Configure and manage print queues for all networked printers in the bank.
18. Participate in IT audits as needed and assist in addressing audit comments addressed to the IT-Infrastructure unit.
19. Participate in all internal and external departmental meetings or as directed by the Head – IT Infrastructure.
20. Participate in planning, testing and implementation of disaster recovery plans for the banks infrastructure and core Microsoft applications (such as Exchange, Active Directory) at the Local and Off-Country Disaster Recovery sites.
21. Assist in infrastructure upgrades and projects at GIB Offices globally as needed.
22. Attend training courses specified by the bank's training department and/or the line manager.
23. Provide weekly and quarterly progress reports to Head-IT Infrastructure summarizing all project and support activities completed and tasks in progress.
24. Ensure that assigned issues in the bank's helpdesk system are addressed promptly.
25. Pursue any other related activities as directed by superiors.
Save a tree. Use Less Papers. Don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary!!
Pü Consider the environment. Think before you print.