Dengue fever is a disease caused by a family of viruses that are transmitted by mosquitoes.
Note : Mosquitoes that carries the dengue virus bites in the daytime !
Immediately consult a doctor if any of the following manifestations appear:
• Severe headache
• Severe joint and muscle pain
• Swollen glands (lymphadenopathy)
• Red spots or points on the skin;
• Bleeding from the nose or gums;
• Frequent vomiting;
• Vomiting with blood;
• Black stools;
The presence of the "dengue triad” - fever, rash, and headache (and other pains) is particularly characteristic of dengue fever
• Remove water from coolers and other small containers at least once in a week
• All containers storing water should be covered with a tight lid.
• Wear clothes that cover arms and legs.
• Use mosquito nets or mosquito repellents.
• Do not wait in case the above mentioned symptoms appear. Immediately consult a doctor. It is crucial to get immediate treatment.
• Do not take self medicate with Aspirin or Brufen or popular fever medications.